Job Role - Job Coach
Nickel Support is an award-winning, not-for-profit, community interest company, supporting adults with learning disabilities and/or autism. Our organisation focuses on three key areas in the lives of the people with learning disabilities and/or autism that we support:
employment, health and relationships. It is these three areas that we have identified as key to helping people with learning disabilities find their purpose in life, ultimately leading to a deeper and more fulfilled life.
- Nickel Support is looking to recruit a brilliant new Job Coach to join our wonderful team in supporting adults with learning disabilities to transition into the external employment arena.
- As a Job Coach, you will engage with a wide range of employers, brokering supported work placements and paid employment opportunities for Nickel Support trainees, delivering a high standard of in-work support for trainees who are on placement or in work.
- You will have the ability to develop and implement individualised job coaching strategies and interventions using job matching and job carving techniques, identifying suitable roles and work tasks that match the skills and aspirations of our trainees and support their career development.
- Effective communication skills are key to the role and you will have the ability to build new relationships with employers and with trawho may have communication challenges.
- Whilst previous experience of Job Coaching people with learning disabilities and/or autism is desirable, what is essential is that you are a dynamic individual who can demonstrate having the transferable skills, aptitude, and tenacity to support our trainees to gain employment in a wide range of employment sectors.
Contract length: Two years
Application deadline: 2nd July 2021 at Midday
Job Types: Full-time, Contract